I am a Ph.D. candidate at the Computer Science Department of Aalto University working on complex networks. I am generally interested in Complex Systems, Network Science, and Non-equilibrium Physics.
I was born in Zarrin Shahr, Isfahan, Iran. I got my BA in Solid State Physics (2012-16) and my MSc (2016-18) in Physics of Complex Systems from Shahid Beheshti University (SBU) in Tehran. For my MSc project, I worked on cancer with a maximum entropy approach at the Center For Complex Networks & Social Data Science (CCNSD) of SBU. The idea behind my project was to infer/learn the weight of the Gene Regulatory Networks (GRN)’s links in the case of Breast Cancer with a max. entropy approach. Then, given the networks of cancerous and healthy cells, compare their networks.
TALKS & WORKSHOPS in Science Communication
- “The Story of Complexity: Why more is different?!” – Sar Conference. December 2018, Iran Science and Technology Museum, Tehran, Iran
- “Collective Behaviors of Genes in the Normal and Cancerous Cells from the Perspective of Inverse Statistical Physics” – Tehran School on Theory and Applications of Complex Networks. August 2018, Shahid Beheshti University (SBU), Tehran, Iran
- “Can Physicists Model Social Networks?” – 3rd Link Symposium, August 2018, Shahid Beheshti University (SBU), Tehran, Iran
- “What do Physicists and Complexity Scientists do?” – SBU Physics Open Day. December 2017, Shahid Beheshti University (SBU), Tehran, Iran
- “The 1st Workshop on Complexity For Non-Expert People
” August2017, Allameh Helli High School, Tehran, Iran